If you or a loved one was injured in a crash with a large truck in the Las Vegas area, a Henderson truck accident lawyer from Bernstein & Poisson might be able to help you recover compensation for your past and future medical bills, lost earnings, and pain and suffering. Call us today at (702) 633-3333 to learn more about what we can do for you and to receive your free consultation.
Pursuing Compensation After a Truck Accident
While you and your loved ones are dealing with these injuries and trying to heal, you may need help to cover your medical costs, lost earnings, and pain and suffering (both now and in the future). A personal injury lawyer can help you recover damages from the responsible parties so that you can focus on what really matters—reclaiming your life. A Henderson truck accident lawyer from Bernstein & Poisson can investigate the crash, build a case, and argue with insurance companies on your behalf.
The Statute of Limitations in Nevada
The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in Nevada is generally two years, according to NRS §11.190(4)(e). Let us get started fighting for your rights today.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Henderson, call (702) 997-6999
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Some causes of truck-involved accidents are as follows:
- Fatigued driving: Truck drivers often maintain irregular hours or drive while sleepy, which can lead to dulled senses and reflexes akin to drunk driving.
- Nodding off at the wheel: If a truck driver is too fatigued, they may even fall asleep at the wheel, putting their lives and the lives of others in danger.
- Distracted driving: Distractions like texting, calling, and web browsing can cause accidents.
- Limited visibility: Due to their extended blind spots and higher position on the road, truck drivers may not see approaching vehicles, pedestrians, or animals.
- Speeding: Trucks that are speeding have an even more difficult time slowing down or stopping in response to situations that arise on the road.
- Drunk or drug-impaired driving: Driving under the influence limits your senses and reflexes, which can compound the already slow response times of trucks due to their weight.
- Road rage: Truck drivers can engage in road rage like any other driver, leading to high-risk behaviors and unsafe driving practices.
Henderson Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (702) 997-6999
Call a Truck Accident Lawyer Today for Help
If these (or other) factors contributed to the truck accident that left you injured, then a Henderson truck accident lawyer can potentially use this information to prove fault in a personal injury lawsuit. Call Bernstein & Poisson today at (702) 633-3333.