If you or a loved one was hurt in an accident with an Uber or Lyft driver in North Las Vegas, you could be entitled to compensation for a variety of losses. Whether you were hurt as a pedestrian, motorist, passenger, or another party, the lawyers at Bernstein & Poisson can secure financial recovery on your behalf.
How a Rideshare Accident Lawyer in North Las Vegas Can Help Your Case
Bernstein & Poisson’s goal is to recover compensation for your damages. We can do this by:
Handling All Communications with the Insurer
This task involves managing all negotiations and communications. You will not need to talk to the insurer with us on your side—we will handle everything.
We will talk to the following experts to collect evidence for your case:
- Economists. These people will help us calculate the value of your past, present, and future losses.
- Healthcare professionals. Your medical team will prove the cost of your healthcare-related losses.
- Accident reconstruction specialists. By using digital software, 3D modeling, and physics, these experts can determine what caused your accident.
We can also talk to people who saw the accident happen, as their testimony could prove invaluable to your case.
Filing a Lawsuit
If negotiations with the insurance company fail, we can file a lawsuit in civil court. This service involves:
- Investigating the cause of your collision
- Communicating with the other party’s legal counsel
- Presenting your case before a judge and jury
- Filing your case within the statute of limitations
- Establishing the cause of your accident
- Demonstrating the cost of your damages
These are just some of the things that we will do to advance your case.
You Could Recover Economic and Non-Economic Damages
Your insurance settlement or court award could pay for the following:
Past and Future Medical Bills
Getting hurt in a car accident can create the following medical-related expenses:
- Doctors’ visits
- Residency at a specialized care facility
- Physical therapy and other forms of rehabilitation
We can determine the value of these losses after reviewing your medical bills and talking to your healthcare team.
Past Lost Wages
If your injuries impede your ability to work, you could recoup compensation for the following:
- Hourly rates
If you lost employee benefits or missed out on an opportunity because of your condition, you can recover compensation for these losses as well.
Loss of Future Earning Capacity
You may no longer be able to work at your previous capacity because of your injuries. If so, we can determine the value of your lost earning ability based on your profession, the previous number of hours you worked, and yearly income.
Past and Future Pain and Suffering
Our law firm will determine the monetary value of your pain and suffering based on:
- The severity of your injuries
- Your expected recovery period
- The cost of your financial losses
- Your ability to maintain employment
- Your quality of life
- Information from your healthcare providers
Nevada does not place a cap on the amount of pain and suffering you can seek following a car accident.
Property Damage Costs
If a rideshare vehicle hit your car, you could recoup compensation for the following:
- Transportation costs to and from your work, doctors’ appointments, and other obligations
- The cost of replacing your vehicle
- The cost of repairing your vehicle
- The cost of renting a car
Past and Future Mental Anguish
If you developed depression, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as a result of the accident, you could recover compensation for this hardship. You can also pursue damages for mental health counseling and related services.
These are just some of the damages that Bernstein & Poisson can seek on your behalf. A rideshare accident lawyer serving North Las Vegas may be able to recover compensation for other losses.
We Can Help You Recover Compensation If You Lost a Loved One
If you lost a loved one, you could file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit if you are the decedent’s:
- Personal representative
- Domestic partner
In this situation, your compensable losses can include funeral and burial costs, your loved one’s healthcare expenses, and loss of consortium.
You Have Two Years to File Your Lawsuit
NRS §11.190(4)(e) says that you generally have two years to file a lawsuit for compensation. This timeline will begin either from the date of your accident or the date of your loved one’s passing.
Taking action within this period can:
- Prevent evidence from getting lost, erased, or less credible
- Protect your right to fair compensation
- Make it easier to connect your injuries to the accident
- Allow you to file a case in civil court
The American Bar Association (ABA) says that if you fail to file your lawsuit on time, you could lose the right to recover damages, which means that you could be solely responsible for paying for your losses.
Who is Responsible for Your Losses Following a Rideshare Accident?
Liability for your losses will depend on the details of your accident. For instance:
- If you were struck by a rideshare driver who was not “on the clock,” then their car insurance would pay for your losses.
- If you were hit by a rideshare driver who was in the middle of completing a job or looking for a request, Uber or Lyft’s liability insurance would pay for your damages.
- If you were in a rideshare car struck by another vehicle, their liability insurance could be responsible for your damages.
You do not need to worry about sorting out issues regarding fault, liability, and negligence by yourself. Our team can handle that for you.
Call the Attorneys at Bernstein & Poisson for Help with Your Case
You learn more about working with an Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer in North Las Vegas by calling (702) 633-3333. We will handle your case on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning that you pay nothing for us to get started.