What is the Average Settlement for a Broken Wrist in a Car Accident?
November 22, 2022
Depending on how severely a car accident injury has affected your body, your wallet, and your life, your broken wrist settlement could range from the tens of thousands of dollars to the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Because personal injury cases vary from one to the next, there are no average figures for broken wrist settlements.
We would need to speak with you to learn more about your case before estimating your case’s value. Once we review all evidence and learn about your situation from your doctors, we will fight for the best possible compensation that you need to help with your healing and recovery.
Factors That May Determine the Value of Your Case
When you speak with our team to get a sense of how much you might be able to seek through an insurance claim or lawsuit, we will try to get a sense of how the accident has affected you, including:
- How severe your injury and prognosis is
- To what extent the injury has caused you to miss work—or could require you to continue missing work
- How much medical care you’re going to need or have needed, such as any costly surgeries or physical therapy
- If you’ve faced severe pain or major life challenges as a result of your injury
A broken wrist case might only entail some x-rays, the use of pain medication, and a day or two away from work. On the other hand, your injury could be severely debilitating, affecting your day-to-day life. If your losses and medical costs are very high, you can seek a settlement that reflects the full extent of those costs.
Types of Damages You Can Recover
We want to help you seek the best possible settlement. A lawyer from our team can determine the past, present, and future costs of your losses and help you seek what you need to be well again.
Your recoverable damages could include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past lost wages and future loss of earning capacity
- Past and future pain and suffering
Advanced Care or Surgery Can Be Reflected in Your Settlement or Award
As the Mayo Clinic notes, a broken wrist can leave you with painful symptoms and could require advanced medical care.
Your treatment might entail:
- Immobilization through a cast. To minimize swelling, you might also be told to keep your hand above your heart as much as you can.
- Medications. You could be given pain relievers or medications to prevent infection in the event that you suffered a compound fracture.
- Surgery. For those with a bone fracture that broke the skin, involved loose bone fragments in the body, or caused nerve or ligament damage, surgery may be necessary.
- Therapy. Doing physical therapy after your cast is removed might be recommended; Mayo Clinic notes that this treatment could take several months, however.
All of these medical costs could be considered when the value of your case is assessed. The more your medical expenses cost, the more you may be able to ask for in a claim or lawsuit.
How We Can Help You Recover Compensation for Your Broken Wrist Injury
In order to prove that your injuries have affected your life and cost you money out of pocket, we can gather evidence using:
- Your medical records
- Doctors’ testimony
- Receipts for out-of-pocket expenses
- Pay stubs from your job before and after your accident
Then, we can present this evidence to proceed with an insurance claim or lawsuit. During your case, we will also:
- Communicate with all third parties for you
- Negotiate for fair compensation
- Take your case to court, if necessary
- Explain your options to you and advise you throughout your case
- Ensure your case complies with Nevada’s statute of limitations, described under NRS §11.190(4)(e)
Steps You Can Take to Set a Strong Foundation for Your Case’s Value
In the aftermath of your car accident, we recommend that you do the following:
- Speak to someone from our team before accepting a settlement. If offers come in early, the insurance company may be offering you a low amount. We can advise you on when to accept a settlement.
- Go to your doctor’s appointments and continue with treatment as needed. To prove that you were injured, you’ll need medical records. If your treatments were costly, you can seek compensation for those costs. If you don’t get treatment, an insurer can say that you made your injuries worse.
When you work with someone from our team, we will be able to give you other recommendations in order to support the best outcome for your case.
We will Fight for You
We have obtained million-dollar and six-figure settlements for our clients. We can use our 60+ years of combined legal experience to fight for your rights.
Our reviews speak to our commitment to our clients:
- “You were all amazing. I fell at a water park in July. When no other attorneys took on my case, Bernstein & Poisson did and got me a decent settlement. Thanks again!”
- “I would definitely recommend Montserrat and Jay to my friends and family. Great communication and kept me in the know about my case. These two individuals worked for me. I give them five stars, period.”
Call the Attorneys at Bernstein & Poisson Now
Call us to find out what your broken wrist settlement after a car accident could look like. You can get your free case review today by dialing (702) 707-5934.
Get A 100% Free Case Evaluation
From A Top-Rated Personal Injury Attorney
Call: (702) 707-5934 or Contact Us Online
Settlement / Auto Accident
Settlement / Tire Explosion
Settlement / Truck Accident
“After being in an accident my friend told me to call Bernstein and Poisson. A lawyer named Brian came to my home to meet with me and started my claim immediately. The legal team was extremely efficient, responded back to me quickly, listened to my concerns, and handled everything with speed and accuracy. Every step of the way was communicated. I received my settlement in 10 months’ time. I highly recommend using Berstein and Poisson. Thank you for helping get my life back on track.”