A personal injury lawyer deals with car accidents. They can help you file an injury claim to recover your losses. If you lost a loved one in an accident, a personal injury attorney can file a wrongful death claim and fight for justice for you and your family.
Personal Injury Lawyers Fight for Compensation for Your Injuries
Car accident victims might not walk away from a collision without injuries. A motor vehicle’s sheer weight can combine with the force of impact to cause injuries that can range from bruising and lacerations to paralysis and disfigurement.
The extent of your injuries may depend on the speed at which both vehicles were traveling, the angle at which the cars collided, and your vehicle’s ability to protect your body from the brunt of the impact. Regardless of the scope of your injuries, shouldering the financial burden of medical expenses should not fall to you.
Compensation a Personal Injury Lawyer Will Seek
A personal injury will fight for compensation on your behalf. This may include:
- Past and Future Medical Costs: These can include doctor and specialist visits, hospital stays, rehabilitation services, medication costs, and more.
- Past Lost Wages: You can recover compensation for any time that your injury has kept you out of work.
- Future Loss of Earning Capacity: This can include both an inability to work and an inability to work at the same capacity as before you were injured.
- Past and Future Pain and Suffering and Mental Anguish: You can recover compensation for any pain, suffering, and mental anguish you endured.
A personal injury lawyer will work to quantify and prove your injuries, file a claim for full compensation, and act as your advocate to ensure you are fairly compensated. If a fair settlement cannot be reached out of court, a personal injury lawyer will take your case before a judge and litigate on your behalf.
Wrongful Death Lawyers Demand Justice After a Fatal Accident
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), over 38,000 people lost their lives in motor vehicle accidents in 2019. Fatal accidents have the ability to completely upend families in minutes.
A wrongful death lawyer understands that no amount of financial compensation will bring your loved one back or erase the emotional devastation. However, wrongful death compensation can allow you to give your loved one a proper burial and ensure dependants and spouses are financially secure.
Compensation a Wrongful Death Attorney Will Seek
You may be entitled to any of the following:
- Medical Expenses: Includes those costs accrued during treatment leading up to your loved one’s death.
- Past Wage Loss and Future Loss of Earning Capacity: If your loved one was unable to work between the accident and their death, those lost wages are recoverable. You can also recover the wages your loved one would have earned had they survived the crash.
- Funeral and Burial Costs: Includes any costs associated with the arrangement of a funeral and burial.
- Loss of Companionship or Guardianship: Includes financial compensation for surviving family members—depending on their relationship with the victim.
- Pain and Suffering and Mental Anguish: You might also be able to recover compensation for the mental anguish and physical and emotional pain and suffering your loved one endured.
If you’ve lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation. A wrongful death lawyer who is familiar with Nevada’s wrongful death statutes can work to build a case, negotiate on your behalf, and bring your case before a judge if need be.
Call an Attorney Today for Help
Bernstein & Poisson operate on a contingency-fee-basis. This means that we collect nothing until you win. Do not let the fear of legal costs prevent you from standing up for your rights.
Call (702) 633-3333 today to get help from a lawyer that deals with car accidents. We offer a free consultation with a member of a team. We will review your case, explain what lawyers deal with car accidents, and advise you regarding the next steps.