When we help you determine your case’s value, we won’t assess your case based on a general settlement average—instead, we will consider specific details of your car accident case and how they affected your pregnancy, including:
- Your necessary medical care, both immediately after the accident and what you may require in the future
- The cost of your medical care
- How your injuries and losses have affected your life
- Whether or not you lost the fetus as a result of the accident
If a car accident has severely affected your well-being, health, and pregnancy, we will fight to not only recover your medical costs but all possible damages that reflect your losses.
Pregnancy Complications After a Car Accident and Your Settlement Value
A car accident that injures a pregnant woman could lead to a number of health complications for the mother and child.
The Mayo Clinic notes that car accidents can be devastating during pregnancy because:
- A woman may try to shift her body suddenly to avoid direct impact to her abdomen, causing further injury.
- The forces involved in an accident can cause trauma to the placenta—and therefore, trauma to the fetus.
- Trauma can also lead to uterine contractions and vaginal bleeding, among other complications.
If you have high medical costs and other losses related to your pregnancy after a car accident, the above factors could be reflected in your settlement amount.
Damages You Could Seek
If someone else’s negligence led to your accident, injuries, and health complications, you could seek compensation for damages such as:
- Past and future medical bills. This involves any necessary care, including diagnostic testing, ER visits, doctors’ visits, surgeries, physical therapy, and more.
- Past and future pain and suffering and mental anguish. This reflects your emotional challenges (such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression) caused by the collision.
- Past lost wages and future loss of earning capacity. This includes any harm to your earning power and income.
We will collect evidence to prove the extent of your injuries, your suffering, and any impact on your financial standing. If an insurance company won’t give the amount of compensation we’re asking for, we can take your case to court.
If You Lose a Child Because of a Car Accident
It is possible in some cases to argue for additional forms of compensation if you lost the baby as a result of the car accident. We may be able to consider:
- How the loss of the pregnancy left you facing depression and other emotional trauma
- The medical costs associated with your miscarriage or stillbirth
- Whether you qualify to file a wrongful death claim on behalf of your late child
We will work to fight for the best possible compensation in your case. If your accident caused you pain and suffering (past and future) or the loss of a child, we will work hard to get what you deserve.
We will Listen and Go to Work for Your Case
A car accident during pregnancy can be an overwhelming experience. We are ready to hear your story and do everything we can to seek the justice and financial recovery your family needs.
Our past clients note that:
- “Jamie and Montserrat Ramirez are simply amazing — hands down the best I have ever worked with. I was kept up to date with every aspect of my case. Whenever I had a question (and there were quite a few), I received a message back that same day… Thank you for everything!”
- “The people here at the firm take their time with you. They keep you up to date with your claim in a timely manner if you a[r]e patient. Thank you, Daniella, for doing such a good job. You are an amazing associate!”
We will work to keep you informed about your options and updated on your case. You can ask us all of your questions, choose the legal options that are best for you, and decide when to accept a settlement.
How We will Fight for Your Rights
We can handle every aspect of your case for you, from the paperwork that needs to be filed to negotiations.
You don’t have to worry about these details, as we will do them all for you:
- We will collect evidence to prove your losses. One important way to maximize your settlement value is to have strong evidence, and we will gather expert testimony, medical records, accident reports, and other documentation to prove your case’s value.
- We will handle all communications and negotiations with insurers for you. The last thing you may want to do is talk to insurance adjusters and other lawyers while coping with an accident, so let us take over this task.
- We will take your case to court, if necessary. We can prepare your case for trial and litigate for you if we can’t get a fair settlement through negotiations.
Call Our Attorneys Today for a Free Case Review
You can call us for free to ask any questions you have about the average settlement for pregnant car accident victims. We are happy to tell you what your case may be worth, and we can get started with no upfront fees involved. Call us today at (702) 633-3333.