Although intangible damages are some of the most complex losses to valuate in a car accident case, we will base the value of your PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) damages on several guiding factors, including:
- Other similar personal injury cases
- The extent to which your PTSD has affected you, including disruptions to your day-to-day life and work
- How long your PTSD may continue affecting you in the future
We have over 60 years of combined experience with these kinds of cases, so we understand how to put a dollar amount on intangible losses like PTSD. While there is no accurate way to give an average settlement figure for PTSD, we will fight for your full and fair compensation.
How to Seek the Best Possible Settlement in a PTSD Case
We can build your case for PTSD damages by building solid case evidence, proving your claims, and backing up the dollar amount we’re asking for.
To do so, we can:
- Work to establish that the car accident led to your PTSD and build as much compelling evidence as possible to show that link
- Gather as much support as possible to prove your PTSD diagnosis, how it has impacted you since the accident, and how it could continue to cause you hardships
How We Can Use Expert Testimony for Your Compensation
One of the best ways to demonstrate that you have PTSD and that it caused you to suffer is to get good expert testimony.
We will do everything we can to get the best possible testimony, including statements from:
- The therapist who treated you for PTSD
- Other doctors or other specialists you’ve seen
- PTSD experts
We Will Show How Your PTSD Has Affected You
According to the Mayo Clinic, your car accident could have caused devastating PTSD symptoms, including:
- Flashbacks and severe emotional distress
- Trouble sleeping or concentrating
- Avoiding situations that remind you of the accident
- Self-destructive behavior
- Mood changes and irritability
- Difficulty maintaining close friendships
- And more
For a free legal consultation, call (702) 997-6999
When the Insurance Company Won’t Make You a Fair Offer
We will typically begin your case as an insurance claim to save time and seek the money you need quickly. However, sometimes an insurance company won’t agree to a fair case value.
If negotiations don’t lead to the settlement you deserve, we can take your case to court and present our evidence to a jury. Then:
- The insurance company may turn around and offer you the settlement we asked for.
- We may have to go to trial and seek an award before a jury if the insurer still won’t settle.
- We will prepare your case and litigate on your behalf.
After an accident that left you shaken and unable to live your life normally, we will do everything we can to seek what you may deserve.
How Can You Take Steps to Support Your PTSD Case?
Because compelling evidence is such a crucial aspect of building a case for PTSD damages, there are several things that you can do to help your case.
Seek Treatment for Your PTSD
You might not have initially felt shaken after the accident, but PTSD symptoms can develop over the course of months, according to Mayo Clinic.
We don’t recommend “toughing it out” if you’re facing severe emotional disturbance and other psychological difficulties. With treatment, your symptoms could improve—and you will have important documentation of your PTSD to help your case.
Continue Seeing a Therapist as Recommended
While it may be challenging to see your treatment through, you may want to continue with any needed therapy recommended by a professional. In doing so, you can again improve your chances at recovery.
What’s more, you’ll have evidence to show how PTSD affected you over the long term, which can be important to prove your case value.
Speak with Someone from Our Team as Soon as You Can
We will be able to advise you immediately on any offers that are coming in from an insurance company, how much your case could be worth, and other damages you qualify to seek in your case.
We Will Do All We Can to Fight for You
PTSD can be invisible from the outside, but its symptoms can be very real and very difficult for survivors of car accidents. We are here to listen to your story and provide compassionate representation from start to finish of your case.
We can handle every aspect of your case so that you don’t have to face the prospect of being re-traumatized by the details of your accident. We can:
- Investigate what happened and compile evidence
- Negotiate and litigate on your behalf
- Handle all necessary communications with insurance companies and other parties
- Ensure your case complies with any important laws, such as Nevada’s statute of limitations detailed in NRS §11.190(4)(e)
We offer case reviews for free, and we work based on contingency, meaning that you pay nothing upfront. We only take payment if we win your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reach Out to Our Attorneys Today
Our team has obtained hundreds of millions of dollars for clients—and we can get to work for you today. Call Bernstein & Poisson today to ask a representative about average car accident settlements for PTSD damages similar to yours at (702) 633-3333.