There isn’t an average settlement for Uber accidents. After an accident, you have to assign a value to your losses and present the total of your damages to the insurance company. Every accident results in different losses for the victims. Your accident might have been worse than that of another Uber passenger.
What an Uber Accident Settlement Typically Covers
The award you receive for your damages will have to be enough for the following:
- All your past and future medical bills
- Your past and future pain and suffering
- Repair to your vehicle
- Therapy to treat your past and future mental anguish
- Past lost wages, bonuses, tips, and benefits
- Future loss of earning capacity if you cannot earn as much as before the accident
Who You Can Pursue a Settlement from After an Uber Accident
If you were an Uber passenger under certain conditions, you could file against Uber’s insurance policy. They carry the following coverage for injured passengers:
- Third-party liability up to $1,000,000
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist liability
- Contingent comprehensive and collision
However, you can only utilize this plan if the driver was actively transporting you to your drop-off and the app was on and activated. If you were hit by another car while picking up another passenger or while waiting to enter your Uber vehicle, the company carries the following coverage that might apply:
- Bodily injury up to $50,000 per person
- Bodily injury up to $100,000 per accident
- Property damage per accident up to $25,000
You might be able to file against Uber’s policy to pay for your accident-related losses.
You Could File Against the Other Driver’s Policy
The policy Uber carries normally applies if and when the involved drivers do not have enough coverage. However, if they do, you could file a claim with the insurance company of a rideshare driver or the driver who hit the rideshare vehicle you were riding in.
If You Cannot Secure a Settlement for Your Accident-Related Damages
Accident victims receive settlements when they can get the insurance company to pay for their damages. However, many insurers aim to pay out as little as possible. You might have to argue back and forth with the company for a fair award. If the company denies or undervalues your claim, you might have to file a lawsuit.
You have two years to pursue a personal injury lawsuit under NRS §11.190(4)(e). If you do not file your lawsuit before this timeline runs out, you risk losing your right to compensation.
Why Hire a Lawyer to Handle Your Uber Accident Case?
Your accident might have left you with serious injuries that have changed your daily routine and kept you out of work. You do not need to add a legal fight on top of your stress. Retaining a legal professional can help you.
Your lawyer can fight for a fair settlement and serve as the go-between throughout your case. You will not have to speak to the other party’s lawyer, or the insurance company, by yourself. Additionally, your lawyer can hunt down and secure all evidence that supports your case. Some of these elements might be hard to obtain by yourself, including security or traffic camera footage of the accident.
Other ways your lawyer can help you include:
- Keeping you aware of all developments in the case, as they occur
- Standing with you in court
- Writing a demand letter to the insurance company listing how much you are pursuing for your losses
- Valuing all of your individual damages
- Organizing all the proof you have of your injuries and how they’ve affected your life
We Can Help You Secure a Fair Settlement for Your Uber Accident
While there is no average figure you could aspire to, you can have your lawyer look at your circumstances and put together a number that would cover your specific losses. The aftermath of a collision like yours can make the idea of holding someone liable for their negligence overwhelming.
You do not have to do this alone, though. Our services can be a benefit when you want to devote your time to your health and family. We have secured settlements and judgments for many accident victims, including:
- A person who suffered a neck injury in an auto accident that we recovered $9,000,000 for
- A victim of a drunk driver who received $450,000 for neck injuries
- A truck accident victim who collected $3,000,000 for their neck injuries
- A motor vehicle accident victim who received $325,000 for back injuries
Get Started On Your Uber Accident Case Today with One of Our Skilled Attorneys
Reach out to Bernstein & Poisson at (702) 633-3333 today to learn more. The first call is free, and we don’t charge you anything until you obtain financial recovery.