If you are wondering what to do after a truck accident, the following are steps you can take immediately following your accident:
- Move to safety as soon as traffic conditions permit.
- Call law enforcement to the scene of your accident.
- Accept medical attention from emergency personnel.
- Obtain contact and insurance information from any other motorists involved in your accident.
We can provide further instruction following your crash. Our goal is to protect your rights and ensure that you remain in a position to seek any compensation that you deserve.
We Will Protect Your Rights After Your Truck Accident
The moments following your truck accident can be a time when your rights are most at risk. Having a lawyer from our firm represent you during this period will ensure that nobody violates your rights or compromises your ability to pursue fair compensation.
We can tell you what to do after your truck accident and we may recommend that you do the following:
- Do not speak directly with insurance companies.
- Receive follow-up medical attention as soon as possible after your accident.
- Do not apologize or otherwise admit fault for the truck crash.
Your truck accident may have caused you to suffer injuries. As the Mayo Clinic explains, injuries that affect your brain could impair your thinking and cause you to act uncharacteristically. We will act on your behalf so that the effects of any personal injuries you have suffered, or your inexperience with truck accidents, do not cause financial harm to you or your loved one.
For a free legal consultation, call (702) 997-6999
Determining Damages and Liability in Truck Accidents
There are still many ways that we could help you, and you can call our office to learn more about how we can assist you. In the days and weeks following your accident, we will:
- Ensure that you receive medical care, as this is critical to documenting your injuries
- Determine who is liable for your accident and losses
- Begin to document the compensation that you will lose if your injuries prevent you from working
- Explain whether a lawsuit or insurance claim may make the most sense based on your circumstances
Insurance claims and injury lawsuits have several deadlines that could impact your ability to obtain compensation. We will ensure that your claim, lawsuit, and supporting documents are filed on time so that you remain eligible to pursue financial compensation.
We Will Assess Your Covered Losses
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) states that truck accidents with injuries create average losses of around $200,000. If your loved one passed away from a truck accident, the FMCSA suggests that your losses could be approximately $3.6 million.
Every case must be evaluated individually, as these figures will not apply to every non-fatal or fatal truck accident. We will review your case and determine which of your losses entitle you to seek compensation. Some of the losses for which you can pursue financial compensation are:
- Your past and future pain and suffering
- Emergency transportation from the scene of your truck crash
- Medications for injury-related health problems
- Any surgery required because of your accident
- Lost income due to your injuries
- The cost of emotional or psychological counseling
The cost of these and any other damages that you have will guide our settlement target. If your loved one passed away due to the crash, then you could be entitled to additional types of damages through a wrongful death lawsuit.
Other Ways We Will Help You with Your Case
Obtaining compensation after a truck accident could be a significant responsibility. A lawyer from our firm will dedicate their time and energy to pursue a successful outcome.
Choosing not to hire a lawyer means taking on the responsibility of completing an insurance claim or civil lawsuit yourself. These processes could be especially difficult if you do not have experience with:
- Dealing with insurance companies
- Negotiating with insurance companies
- Documenting accident-related losses
- Calculating the value of losses
- Filing a lawsuit
- Negotiating a pre-trial settlement
- Determining whether to take a lawsuit to trial.
We have experience in each of these areas. You can speak with our office at no cost to find out more about our firm’s experience with truck accident insurance claims and lawsuits.
Contact a Lawyer for Help After Your Truck Accident
Regardless of when your truck accident happened, you may benefit from working with a truck accident lawyer from our firm. We may be able to seek compensation for you or your loved one. Call our attorneys today at (702) 633-3333 to find out how we can help with your case.