A personal injury lawyer deals with motorcycle accidents. If you got hurt or your close relative died from a motorcycle crash, they can navigate the legal system for you while you recover from your injuries.
What Our Motorcycle Accident Attorney Can Do for You
Some people assume if they got hurt in a motorcycle collision, the liable driver’s insurance company will step up to the plate and pay a fair amount to settle the injury claim. Unfortunately, if you try to handle your case on your own without a lawyer’s help, the insurance company’s claims adjuster may try to take advantage of you.
When you work with our motorcycle accident lawyer from the start of your case, they can do these things to help you go after compensation for your injuries:
- Collect the evidence before it disappears. Our lawyer can go to the accident scene and take photos and videos to help build your case. Also, our lawyer can try to locate witnesses and security camera footage from nearby properties, like video doorbell cameras.
- Protect you from the tactics of the at-fault party’s liability insurer. Insurance companies are in business to make a profit, which increases when they can avoid paying less than the fair value of injury claims. We can help you avoid traps that can reduce the settlement value of your case.
- Negotiate directly with the insurance company. A motorcycle accident lawyer with our firm can investigate the accident, calculate the monetary value of your losses, and negotiate with the insurer to try to reach an amicable settlement. They can work on your behalf while you devote your attention and energy to getting better.
- Help you avoid losing the right to compensation. NRS §11.190(4)(e) gives you two years to file a lawsuit seeking money for your losses in a personal injury or wrongful death case. If you miss the deadline, you could face limited options in getting the money you need.
Negotiating with the insurer does not pause the countdown to the deadline. Our motorcycle accident lawyer can file a lawsuit during negotiations. We also can protect your legal rights if you were hurt because of someone else’s mistake or negligence.
Damages in Motorcycle Accident Injury Cases
Every motorcycle collision case is different. The money you can pursue will depend on the facts of your situation. The American Bar Association (ABA) lists some of the types of damages a successful personal injury claimant can win, which include:
- Lost wages. If you did not get paid all of your regular income because of the accident, you might have a claim for lost wages. This category can apply whether you receive wages, a salary, self-employment income, or another form of regular income.
- Future loss of earning capacity. Sometimes, a motorcycle accident leaves long-lasting impairment, like paralysis. If you cannot earn as much money as before because of your injuries, you could include the future loss of earning capacity in your injury claim or case.
- Medical bills. The treatment you needed for your injuries can be compensable. The hospital, diagnostic testing, laboratory work, surgery, physical therapy, prescription drugs, and other healthcare you received can be a part of your claim or lawsuit.
- Non-economic losses. Experiencing severe injuries in a motorcycle crash can cause losses that are a challenge to calculate in dollars because they do not tend to involve paperwork like receipts. Nonetheless, if you develop things like disfigurement, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or pain and suffering (past and future), these things could be compensable.
Call a Lawyer Today for Help
If you got hurt in a motorcycle collision in the Las Vegas area and want to work with a lawyer who deals with motorcycle accidents, connect with Bernstein & Poisson to learn more. We have obtained hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients. Call us today at (702) 633-3333 for a free, no-obligation consultation.