Every car accident case that results in a herniated disc comes with its own set of circumstances. Therefore, there is no average settlement amount for these types of cases. Your insurance settlement or court award will be determined based on:
- The types and severity of the injuries you suffered
- Your expected recovery time
- Your lost time from work
- Your quality of life
- The cost of your economic damages, which includes your medical bills and lost wages
A lawyer from our team can calculate the value of your damages if you were hurt in a car accident. We can use your employment records, wage statements, and medical bills to determine the cost of your losses.
Factors That Will Determine How Much You Can Claim for Your Losses
The value of each personal injury claim is determined on a case-by-case basis. No two incidents are the same, and therefore, there is no average settlement amount for car accidents that result in herniated discs.
However, the following factors will determine what constitute a fair settlement offer in your case:
The Nature of Your Condition
Car accident survivors who struggle with long-term impairments are likely to receive more for their damages than those who will heal from their injuries within a few days. When calculating your losses, we will also take into consideration:
- How your injury has affected your day-to-day function
- The treatments you required
- Your body’s response to treatment
- Information from your healthcare provider
- Your prognosis
We want you to walk away with compensation that accurately covers your losses. By assessing the impact of your injury on your life, we can fight for financial recovery on your behalf.
Your Expected Recovery Time
According to the Cleveland Clinic, herniated discs can heal anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. In some cases, injured people need months of physical therapy and rehabilitation.
The longer your recovery time, the more medical expenses you can incur. These costs will add to the value of your car accident claim.
Your Lost Time from Work
A herniated disc can impede your ability to make a living. We can calculate the following losses and include them as part of your claim:
- Hourly wages
- Employee benefits
We believe that your settlement should encompass all aspects of your accident. We do not want to leave anything unaccounted for in your case.
Your Quality of Life
After discussing your situation with life care planners, we can determine how the following factors impact your quality of life:
- Whether you can live independently
- Whether you can care for your children
- Whether you can work or maintain the lifestyle you once had
- Your quality of life before the accident
- Whether your injuries will require intensive care
We can also talk to your healthcare team to better understand your situation.
The Cost of Your Economic Damages
The cost of your economic damages will play a pivotal role in the overall value of your case. Some economic damages in your case may include:
- Your past and future medical expenses
- Past lost wages
- Property damage costs
- Future loss of earning capacity
- The cost of in-home modifications and assistive medical devices
Your economic damages will determine the value of your non-economic damages. While these losses do not have set monetary values, they are compensable and can include:
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Past and future mental anguish
Depending on your situation, other financial losses can contribute to the overall value of your claim.
For a free legal consultation, call (702) 997-6999
We Have Recovered Hundreds of Millions of Dollars for Our Clients
Without meeting with you first, we cannot determine the value of your case. However, in the years that we have been serving injured people, we have secured the following outcomes for our clients:
- $9 million for a car accident survivor who suffered a neck injury
- $5.1 million for a claimant affected by a defective vehicle part
- $1.7 million for a claimant who suffered a head injury
- $1.5 million for a collision that resulted in both foot and ankle injuries
- $300,000 for a burn victim
- $300,000 for a collision that made our client’s dementia worse
We know what it takes when it comes to resolving car accident cases. We can negotiate with insurers, determine the liable policy, and represent you in court. You only have a short window of action to file your lawsuit, per NRS §11.190(4)(e), so prompt legal action is of the essence.
We Work on Contingency
Our team works on a contingency-fee basis. What does this mean for you, the client? It means that you do not pay anything until your case is over. We finance your case’s costs until we arrive at a fair resolution. If we cannot win your case, do not worry about paying our attorney’s fees.
Call the Attorneys at Bernstein & Poisson for More Information
Our team is ready to handle your car accident case. Whether you suffered a herniated disc or another type of impairment, we have what it takes to recover compensation for your losses. To begin a free, no-obligation case review, call today.