Were you in an accident involving a rideshare company like Uber or Lyft in the Las Vegas area? Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers is the team to call to help guide you through this difficult time. With more than 40 years of experience, we are dedicated to representing victims of rideshare accidents, fight for their rights and ensure maximum compensation for their injuries and losses.
The legal complexities surrounding car accident claims involving an Uber or Lyft requires an experienced accident attorney to guide you through the process, ensure your rights are protected, and help you secure the compensation you deserve for your injuries. At Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers we specialize in handling complex auto accident cases involving rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft.
Protecting Your Rights For Over 40 Years.
Why Hire Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers?
Experience and Expertise: For over 40 years, Jack Bernstein and his team of legal experts have successfully represented injured victims in car accident cases – recovering over 500 million dollars in verdict and settlements. Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers has the experience and resources to handle even the most complex Uber or Lyft accident cases in Nevada. With a Las Vegas car accidenet attorney like Jack Bernstein on your side, you don’t have to settle for a tiny check.
Jack Bernstein is personally involved in every case the firm manages. Jack is commitment to putting his clients’ needs first and ensuring every aspect of your case is handled so you can focus on recovery. Our accident lawyers tailor their approach to meet your specific needs. We take the time to listen to your story, help gather evidence, ensure you receive the proper medical care, and fight the insurance companies on your behalf.
Elite Representation: When it comes to fighting for your rights, Jack’s got your back. Our Uber/Lyft accident lawyers will advocate for your best interests. Whether through negotiation or litigation, we will pursue the maximum compensation available for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Comprehensive Legal Resources: We have a network of trusted professionals, including accident reconstruction experts, medical specialists, and investigators, who can help strengthen your case. We handle all aspects of your claim, so you can focus on your recovery.
No Fees Unless We Win: We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will never pay any upfront fees. We only get paid if we successfully recover compensation for you.
Understanding Uber/Lyft Accident Claims
Unlike typical car accidents, rideshare accidents involve a multi-layered insurance structure and liability can be more complex to determine.
For instance, the status of the driver at the time of the accident (whether they were logged into the app, awaiting a ride request, en route to a passenger, or in the midst of a trip) can significantly affect who is held responsible and how much insurance coverage applies.
The involvement of major corporations like Uber and Lyft means that accident victims may find themselves facing large legal teams and complex company policies. These factors make it crucial to have knowledgeable legal representation with the knowledge and experience of the law surrounding rideshare accident claims.
Common Causes of Uber/Lyft Accidents
Like any other vehicular accidents, Uber and Lyft accidents can occur due to a variety of reasons:
- Distracted Driving: Uber and Lyft drivers often rely on their smartphones for navigation and ride requests, which can result in distracted driving.
- Reckless Driving: Due to the pressure to accept and complete rides quickly, some rideshare drivers may drive recklessly, exceeding speed limits, making unsafe lane changes, or not observing traffic rules.
- Driver Fatigue: Rideshare drivers who work long hours or drive late at night may be prone to fatigue, impacting their concentration and reflexes.
- Inadequate Vehicle Maintenance: Some accidents may be caused by poorly maintained vehicles. Rideshare drivers are responsible for the upkeep of their own cars, and failure to maintain key safety elements like brakes or tires can lead to accidents.
- Impaired Driving: While clearly against Uber and Lyft’s policies, there have been instances where drivers operate under the influence of alcohol or drugs, posing serious risks to passengers and other road users.
It’s important to identify the cause of your accident as it helps to determine liability and strengthen your compensation claim. Our legal team can work with accident reconstruction experts, review police reports, and interview witnesses to uncover the truth.
Who is Liable in a Rideshare Accident?
Determining liability in a rideshare accident can be complex due to multiple involved parties. The liable party could be the rideshare driver, another motorist, or even the rideshare company itself under certain circumstances.
- Rideshare Driver: If the Uber or Lyft driver is found to be at fault due to reasons like reckless driving or distraction, they may be held liable.
- Other Motorists: If another driver caused the accident, their insurance should cover your damages.
- Rideshare Company: In some cases, Uber or Lyft may be held partially liable. For instance, if a driver with a poor driving record was allowed to drive, the company could share some blame.
However, liability largely depends on the driver’s status at the time of the accident. If the driver was not logged into the app, their personal insurance applies. If they were logged in, but without a passenger, both their personal insurance and additional liability coverage from Uber or Lyft could apply. If they were en route to pick up a passenger or during a trip, a larger $1 million policy should cover the accident.
Nevada’s insurance laws also play a role in these claims, as the state operates under a fault-based system. Therefore, the at-fault party’s insurance is primarily responsible for covering damages.
What To Do After a Rideshare Accident
If you’re involved in a rideshare accident, there are several crucial steps you should take to protect your rights and strengthen your claim:
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you feel fine, it’s essential to get a comprehensive medical attention. Some injuries may not manifest immediate symptoms – leaving you with potential complications in the future if left untreated.
- Document the Scene: If possible, take photographs of the accident scene, your injuries, and any damage to vehicles.
- Gather Information: Collect the rideshare driver’s information, including their name, contact details, and insurance information. Get information of other involved parties if applicable.
- Report the Incident: Report the accident to the police and to the rideshare company through their app.
- Contact an Uber/Lyft accident Lawyer: The personal injury experts at Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers can protect your rights by fighting the insurance companies, and seek the maximum compensation for your injuries.
How Our Law Firm Can Help
When you’re faced with a rideshare accident, you need an experienced law firm like Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers to stand by your side. Here’s how we can assist:
- Accident Investigation: We will conduct a thorough investigation, gather evidence, and work with experts to reconstruct the accident scene.
- Insurance Dealings: We will deal with all insurance companies involved, both personal and the rideshare’s, to ensure your claim is accurately evaluated and your rights are protected.
- Liability Establishment: We will work to establish the liability of all parties involved and understand the role of Nevada’s insurance laws in your claim.
- Compensation Advocacy: We will fight to secure full and fair compensation for all your losses, including medical expenses, loss of income, and pain and suffering.
Rideshare Accident Claims and Compensation
When involved in a rideshare accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation for a range of damages. These can include:
- Medical Expenses: This includes hospital bills, physical therapy, rehabilitation costs, prescription medications, and any future medical care required.
- Lost Wages: If your injuries force you to miss work, you can claim compensation for the income lost during this period and any potential loss of earning capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: This covers physical pain, mental anguish, and emotional distress caused by the accident.
- Property Damage: If your personal property, such as a vehicle or belongings, was damaged in the accident, you may be reimbursed for repair or replacement costs.
In the case of severe or permanent injuries, the need for ongoing care or adaptations to your home or vehicle can be taken into account when determining compensation.
The process of filing claims can be complex due to rideshare company policies and insurance issues. For instance, insurance coverage can vary based on the driver’s status at the time of the accident. Moreover, rideshare companies may deny responsibility, insisting that drivers are independent contractors rather than employees. Our experienced legal team can help navigate these complexities to pursue the compensation you deserve.
Visitor and Tourist Claims
Las Vegas is a popular tourist destination, and many visitors rely on rideshares like Uber and Lyft for transportation. If you’re a tourist and have been involved in a rideshare accident, it’s crucial to understand your rights.
Just like residents, tourists can file rideshare accident claims in Las Vegas. You have the right to seek compensation for your injuries and other losses from the liable party, which could be the rideshare driver, another motorist, or the rideshare company.
There are no special procedures or additional hurdles for visitors to file a claim. The process is the same as for locals. However, dealing with a legal case while far from home can be challenging. This is where it is crucial to hire an expert auto accident attorney in Las Vegas.
We can handle ALL of the legal aspects of your case, allowing you to focus on your recovery, even if you’re back home in another state or country.
Rideshare (Uber & Lyft) Lawsuit FAQs
After ensuring your safety and seeking immediate medical attention if necessary, document the scene by taking photographs and gathering witness information. Report the accident to the rideshare company through their app, and contact a personal injury attorney with experience in rideshare cases.
Depending on the circumstances, various parties could be responsible, including the rideshare driver, another driver involved in the accident, or even the rideshare company itself. Determining liability requires a thorough investigation of the accident.
While you generally sue the driver, Uber and Lyft carry third-party liability insurance coverage which applies when their driver is at fault. There are nuances based on the driver’s status at the time (whether they were active on the app, carrying a passenger, etc.).
Compensation depends on the extent of your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other factors. Jack Bernstein will fight the insurance companies to ensure you obtain the compensation you deserver to cover medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and more.
Our firm handles the entire legal process, including investigating the accident, establishing liability, dealing with insurance companies, and advocating for your full and fair compensation.
If another party caused the accident, you can make a claim against that person’s insurance. Uber and Lyft also provide uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage if the at-fault party cannot cover your damages.
Even as a visitor, you have rights. Jack Bernstein can guide you through the process of filing a claim in Nevada on your behalf – regardless of where you live.
The liability insurance of Uber or Lyft applies differently depending on the driver’s status at the time of the accident. If they were off-duty, their personal auto insurance would typically be the primary coverage.
Yes, Uber and Lyft provide insurance for their drivers, but the coverage varies depending on whether the driver is waiting for a ride request, on the way to pick up a rider, or carrying a passenger.
In Nevada, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally two years from the date of the accident. However, it’s important to start the process as soon as possible to ensure you build the strongest case.
Before accepting any settlement, you should consult with a lawyer. Initial settlement offers are often lower than the true value of your claim, and accepting it may prevent you from seeking further compensation.
Proving fault may require evidence such as police reports, witness statements, photos from the scene, and expert testimony. Our law firm can help gather and present this evidence to support your claim.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers is available 24/7 to help you handle your rideshare accident claim in the Las Vegas metropolitan area and beyond. Jack Bernstein and his team can offer you the personalized service and elite legal representation you deserve. You don’t have to fight the insurance companies alone.
Call us at (702) 633-3333 or contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your case.