PERSONAL INUJURY ATTORNEY’S IN LAS VEGAS
EXPERIENCED COUNSEL FOR THE INJURED IN LAS VEGAS, NV
If you were injured and someone else (a person or company) caused your injuries through neglect, wrongdoing, or intentional conduct, you may be able to hold that party accountable. This is done in civil court, through a personal injury case. With this type of case, the person who caused you harm can be held responsible for paying compensatory damages (typically paid through their applicable insurance provider) to help you rebuild your life.
Unfortunately, there are a number of different scenarios that may leave you injured because someone else – another person or a company – was reckless, negligent, or even intentionally caused harm. In these situations, you can turn to the experienced legal team at Bernstein & Poisson to set things right.
OUR PRIMARY PRACTICE AREAS INCLUDE:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: This covers any type of collision or other accident involving a motor vehicle, including motorcycle accidents, car accidents, truck accidents, pedestrian and bicycle accidents, and boat accidents.
- Medical Malpractice: This area of practice covers all injuries caused by substandard treatment or care provided by healthcare professionals and facilities. Examples may include medication errors, anesthesia negligence, emergency room malpractice, and birth injuries.
- Sexual Abuse: We represent children and adults who have been victimized by sexual abuse, exposing these injustices and helping to protect others from suffering the same fate.
- Workers’ Compensation: Our attorneys help workers across Las Vegas who have been injured in workplace accidents or while performing their job duties.
- Nursing Home Negligence: We represent elderly patients and residents of nursing homes and assisted living facilities who have suffered injuries due to abuse, neglect, or negligence.
- Accidents on Another’s‘ Property: Our team helps people who have been injured at casinos in accidents or due to criminal activity. We are also currently representing victims of the Route 91 shooting.
AGGRESSIVELY FIGHTING FOR OUR CLIENTS
At Bernstein & Poisson, we are aggressive advocates for the injured. We stand up to corporate greed, exposing unscrupulous acts by insurance providers who try to deny or undervalue claims, sacrificing claimants’ well-being just to protect their bottom line. We pursue maximum compensation to help our clients get their lives back on track.
COMPARATIVE NEGLIGENCE IN NEVADA
Personal injury laws offer victims of negligence the opportunity to pursue financial compensation for the injuries they have experienced. An example may be a pedestrian struck by a driver who runs a red light, hitting the pedestrian in a crosswalk. This may be a clear-cut case of negligence solely on the shoulders of the driver, but what if the pedestrian was crossing in the middle of a street or at an unmarked intersection? In Nevada, comparative negligence applies in personal injury actions.
Comparative negligence, or shared fault, allows liability for an injury to be shared proportionately between interested parties according to fault. In the example above, if the pedestrian was found to be 10% at fault, the driver would be responsible for 90% of the settlement or award and the pedestrian would be responsible for the other 10%. If the pedestrian was more than 50% responsible, he or she would not be entitled to compensation from the driver.
KEY ELEMENTS OF A PERSONAL INJURY CASE
As Las Vegas law firm, our goal is to prove the key elements of a case. We must prove:
- The defendant (the party you are bringing a claim against) had a duty to act with reasonable care in the circumstances.
- The defendant breached this duty.
- You (the plaintiff) were injured.
- The defendant’s breach of duty was the proximate cause of your injuries.
We must also prove that you suffered injuries significant enough to warrant the payment of compensation. Medical bills and lost earnings are examples of losses that can be quantified. We can also work to recover compensation for non-economic damages, like pain and suffering or emotional trauma.
SCHEDULE A FREE, NO-OBLIGATION CASE EVALUATION TODAY
Serving clients across Las Vegas, our personal injury lawyers take on cases involving auto accidents, slip and fall accidents, sexual abuse, pedestrian injuries, dog bites, casino injuries, truck accidents, and many more. To find out how we can help you, we recommend that you call our offices for a free, confidential case review.
Call our attorneys at (702) 903-2245 to get started. We are standing by to help.