Have you or a loved one been involved in a car accident in Las Vegas, NV? Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be overwhelming, both physically and emotionally. In addition to the pain and suffering caused by the accident, you may also face mounting medical bills, lost wages, and the stress of dealing with insurance companies. During such a difficult time, it’s crucial to have an experienced car accident lawyer by your side to protect your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Jack Bernstein understands the challenges you’re facing and is here to help. Our team of skilled car accident lawyers in Las Vegas has extensive experience in handling all types of motor vehicle accident cases. We have a deep understanding of Nevada’s personal injury laws and are committed to providing personalized, compassionate legal representation to our clients.
Protecting Your Rights For Over 40 Years.
Why Hire Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers?
Jack G. Bernstein, Esq. has been protecting the rights of injured victims and their families for over 40 Years.
What Our Clients Say
Experience and Expertise: Since 1983, Jack Bernstein has a proven track record of successfully representing clients in car accident cases recovering millions of dollars in verdict and settlements. Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers have the knowledge, experience, and resources to handle even the most complex motor vehicle accident cases in Nevada. With Jack on your side, you can feel confident that your case is in capable hands.
Personalized Approach: Jack Bernstein is personally involved in every single case the firm manages. A trademark of Jack’s counsel is his commitment to putting his clients’ needs first. Every car accident case is unique, and our accident lawyers tailor their approach to meet your specific needs. We will take the time to listen to your story, gather evidence, ensure you receive the proper medical care, and build a strong case on your behalf. When you work with Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers, you will quickly find that you are not just another case number. You are a real person who is going through what is likely the most difficult time of your life.
Aggressive Representation: When it comes to fighting for your rights, Jack’s got your back. Our car accident lawyers are known for their tenacity and will fiercely advocate for your best interests. Whether through negotiation or litigation, we will pursue the maximum compensation available for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Comprehensive Legal Support: Our commitment to your success goes beyond just legal representation. We have a network of trusted professionals, including accident reconstruction experts, medical specialists, and investigators, who can help strengthen your case. We handle all aspects of your claim, so you can focus on your recovery while we handle the legal complexities.
No Fee Unless We Win: We believe that everyone should have access to elite legal representation, regardless of their financial situation. That’s why we work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t pay any upfront fees. We only get paid if we successfully recover compensation for you.
How does a Car Accident Attorney Help with your case?
An elite car accident lawyer will provide expert legal representation and leverage their resources to make the most of your claim and minimize the burden of the legal process.
When you work with Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers, our team will handle all aspects of your legal claim during every stage of your case, including:
- Skillfully advocating for your rights in insurance company negotiations, aiming to alleviate your burden.
- Validating legal liability and asserting your rightful claim to fair compensation.
- Safeguarding crucial evidence and persuasively encouraging hesitant witnesses to collaborate.
- Providing invaluable guidance on the optimal settlement timing, backed by expert insights.
- Thoroughly evaluating damages encompassing medical expenses, wage loss, mental well-being harm, and emotional distress.
- Shielding yourself against accusations of misconduct or wrongdoing.
- Articulating your case with confidence in court and excelling in trial advocacy.
- Pursuing appeals diligently and effectively to secure the collection of a judgment.
You Focus on Recovery, We Aggressively Fight for Your Rights
The length of your recovery period following an injury will depend upon the severity of your injuries. Often potentially lasting a considerable length of time. Throughout this period, you may grapple with pain, necessitating various medical treatments, and experiencing a decline in your overall quality of life, among other challenges.
Instead of expending your energy on negotiating with an insurance company, Jack Bernstein and his legal team will aggressively fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Dealing with Insurance Companies
Insurance companies have teams of skilled adjusters and attorneys whose primary goal is to minimize their company’s financial liability. They may use various tactics to undervalue or deny your claim altogether, leaving you to bear the burden of medical expenses, vehicle repairs, lost wages, and emotional distress. Without proper legal representation, you may unknowingly accept an unfair settlement that falls far short of what you truly deserve.
Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers will advocate for you by standing up to the insurance companies on your behalf. Our lawyers are passionate about advocating for accident victims and committed to holding insurance companies accountable.
Getting the Maximum Compensation
The liable party’s insurance company is not going to prioritize your needs during negotiations. Their goal is to pay out as little as possible. Insurance companies regularly employ a range of defense tactics most victims are unprepared to respond to. Jack Bernstein is thoroughly familiar with these tactics, and knows how to prevent the insurance companies from doing anything to disadvantage a victim. Whether through negotiation or litigation, we will pursue the maximum compensation available.
When determining the full amount of compensation you’re entitled to, it is crucial to work with a skilled attorney who can navigate the complexities of your case. In addition to quantifiable financial losses like medical expenses and lost wages, an experienced attorney understands that there are other challenges you may face after being injured in an auto accident, and they can account for these losses when calculating the total damages owed to you.
For instance, if you now experience anxiety whenever you think about driving again, it can significantly impact your daily life. The discomfort and fear associated with operating a motor vehicle can affect your ability to seek employment opportunities and maintain relationships. A proficient car accident attorney will consider these non-economic losses, such as emotional distress and reduced quality of life, while evaluating your case. By comprehensively assessing both the tangible and intangible consequences of the accident, your attorney can build a strong claim to secure the maximum compensation you deserve.
Obtaining an auto accident lawyer is essential for determining the full extent of damages in your case. Beyond the evident financial losses, such as medical bills and lost wages, an attorney can factor in intangible losses like emotional distress and lifestyle disruptions.
We take a comprehensive approach to calculating damages, and will fight for the compensation you’re entitled to after a car accident.
Determining Fault in a Car Accident
The party deemed responsible for a car accident is the party that demonstrated negligence. Negligence refers to a failure to exercise the level of care that a reasonable person would exhibit in a similar situation, indicating a lack of standard care or attention. This implies that the negligent party acted without due caution, thereby contributing to the accident due to carelessness or a lack of attentiveness.
Examples of negligence in a car accident include:
- Speeding: Driving above the designated speed limit or at an unsafe speed for the current conditions.
- Disregarding Traffic Signals and Stop Signs: Ignoring red lights, stop signs, or other traffic signals that regulate the flow of vehicles.
- Tailgating: Following other vehicles too closely, not leaving sufficient distance for safe braking.
- Failure to Signal or Improper Lane Use: Neglecting to use turn signals when changing lanes or making turns, or using lanes inappropriately.
- Distracted Driving: Engaging in activities that divert attention from driving, such as texting, talking on the phone, eating, or adjusting electronic devices.
- Driving Under the Influence: Operating a vehicle while impaired by alcohol or drugs, including driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI).
- Reckless Driving: Exhibiting a disregard for the safety of others on the road, often characterized by aggressive or impatient driving behaviors.
- Unsafe Driving in Poor Weather Conditions: Failing to adjust driving behavior to account for adverse weather conditions, such as heavy rain, fog, or snow.
- Neglecting Vehicle Maintenance: Failing to properly maintain a vehicle, which can lead to equipment malfunctions or tire blowouts that contribute to an accident.
- Drowsy Driving: Operating a vehicle while fatigued or lacking adequate sleep, impairing alertness and reaction time.
Establishing Liability in a Car Accident
You need to prove someone else was at fault when pursuing compensation after a car accident in Las Vegas. You can’t assume that others will believe you when you insist they are liable. However, the process of establishing liability can involve numerous steps, including interviewing witnesses, securing expert testimony, presenting evidence, and much more. Additionally, you have to prove that any injuries for which you’re seeking compensation resulted from the auto accident, and not other circumstances.
Attorney Jack Bernstein has over 40 years of experience building winning cases for victims injured in Las Vegas car accidents.
What You Need to Do After an Auto Accident
If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Las Vegas, it’s important to take the following steps:
- Ensure Safety: Move the vehicle to a safe location, if possible, and turn on hazard lights. Check yourself and others for injuries and seek immediate medical attention.
- Contact Law Enforcement: Report the accident to the police and provide accurate details of the incident. Request a police report, as it can be valuable when filing an insurance claim or seeking legal assistance.
- Exchange Information: Exchange contact, insurance, and vehicle information with the other parties involved in the accident. Collect details such as names, phone numbers, addresses, driver’s license numbers, license plate numbers, and insurance policy information.
- Document the Scene: Take photos or videos of the accident scene, including the position of vehicles, damage sustained, skid marks, and any relevant road conditions. These visual records can support your insurance claim or legal case.
- Gather Witness Information: If there are any witnesses present, obtain their contact information. Their statements may be crucial for insurance purposes or legal proceedings.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you don’t have immediate visible injuries, it’s strongly advisable to get a medical evaluation after an accident. Some injuries may not manifest symptoms right away, and medical records can link any injuries to the accident.
- Consult an Attorney: If the accident resulted in significant damages or injuries you should consult with an injury attorney in Las Vegas. The legal experts at Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers can provide guidance, protect your rights, and assist in seeking compensation for your injuries. We will help you answer many questions like “can I sue? and many more.”
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
If you have been injured in a car accident in Las Vegas, contact Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers for a free, no obligation consultation. Jack and his team will advocate for you at every stage in the claims process until you have the compensation you deserve.
Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers is available to help you handle your car accident claim in the Las Vegas metropolitan area and beyond. Jack Bernstein and his team can offer you the personalized service and the legal representation you deserve.
Call us at (702) 633-3333 or contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your case.
Material contained in our website is for general information only and does not constitute legal advice or solicitation of legal services.