The outcomes of many rear-end car accident cases are not public record, so there is little to no information about the average settlement for these situations. Your potential compensation depends entirely on the circumstances of your collision.
You could recover compensation for your past and future medical bills, future loss of earning capacity, and past lost wages. It all depends on the severity of your injuries and the nature of your accident. Our car accident team can determine the value of your losses and fight for financial recovery.
Our Team Can Determine the Value of Your Case
When you partner with our team, we will use the following pieces of evidence to determine the overall value of your case. This information includes:
Testimony from Field Experts
We can talk to your healthcare team to learn more about your past, present, and future medical expenses. With their testimony, we can also learn more about your quality of life and expected recovery time.
Your Invoices, Receipts, and Billing Statements
A rear-end collision can create a host of expenses. We can use documentation of your economic losses to determine what qualifies as a fair settlement offer.
The Involved Insurance Policy
Insurance policies have limits. For instance, the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles (DMVNV) says that all drivers must carry the following:
- $25,000 for the injuries or death of one person in an accident
- $50,000 for the injuries or deaths of two people in an accident
- $20,000 for property damage in one accident
If your losses are within the insurance carrier’s limits, then you could resolve your case through this avenue. If not, however, then you could file a lawsuit against the negligent party. You would have two years from the date of your rear-end collision to file, per NRS §11.190(4)(e).
Your Economic Losses
The cost of the following items will contribute to the overall value of your claim:
- Your property damage costs
- Your past and future medical bills
- Your reduced earning capacity
- Your past lost wages
As noted earlier, we can use various pieces of information to determine the value of these expenses. We can also consult economists and lifestyle planners to learn more about how much you should recover.
The Types of Injuries You Suffered
The Mayo Clinic reports that one of the most common injuries in rear-end crashes is whiplash. However, this may be just one of the injuries you suffered.
Each of these injuries come with their own set of expenses. Your medications, doctors’ visits, and other related treatment will add to the value of your car accident claim.
Your Guality of Life
When determining the value of your claim, our legal team will ask ourselves the following questions:
- Can you live independently?
- Can you continue working at your current job in your current capacity?
- Have your injuries negatively affected your mental health?
- What is your expected recovery time?
- What will maximum medical improvement look like in your case?
We may interview people close to you to learn about your life after the accident. During this time, we also ask that you document your recovery period in a journal, as we can use this testimony to build your case.
For a free legal consultation, call (702) 997-6999
We Have Successfully Resolved Cases Similar to Yours
We cannot tell you the average settlement for rear-end car accidents. That information is simply not available to us. However, we can share with you some of our previous successes, which include:
- $9 million for a client who suffered a neck injury in a collision
- $5.1 million for a tire explosion that resulted in the loss of a limb
- $3 million for a crash that resulted in a neck injury
- $3 million for a wrongful death caused by a collision
- $1.7 million for a crash that resulted in a traumatic brain injury (TBI)
These are just some of our successful outcomes. We have secured hundreds of millions of dollars for injured claimants throughout Las Vegas and the surrounding area.
We Can Handle the Claims Adjusters and Negotiation Process for You
In addition to calculating the cost of your accident-related losses, we will also do everything necessary to build your case. Using our 60 years of combined experience, our law firm will:
- Handle the claims adjusters
- Negotiate a settlement
- Manage all necessary communications
- Provide you with updates on your case
- Gather evidence to prove fault and negligence
- Review your coverage options
- File your lawsuit within the acceptable deadline
We will also take your case on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning you do not pay us anything upfront to get started on your claim. You only owe us compensation for our help if we get compensation for you.
Call Our Attorneys Today for a Free Case Review
Bernstein & Poisson is on your side. During your free case review, we can provide you with more insight into your case’s prospects. To connect with our team, dial (702) 633-3333.