LAS VEGAS MEDICAL MALPRACTICE LAWYERS
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Las Vegas, call (702)-887-1712
OVER 50 MILLION DOLLARS SUCCESSFULLY RECOVERED
Medical malpractice suits are complex in nature and require knowledgeable legal counsel. At Bernstein & Poisson, we understand the ins-and-outs of this type of litigation, and we also understand the need for compensation after a serious injury. We’ve been serving clients injured by medical malpractice since 1983 and have earned a significant track record of success. Please do not think you are alone in rebuilding your life – we are here to help.
Why Bernstein & Poisson?
- Our legal team has 60+ years of combined legal experience
- We have successfully recovered MILLIONS in verdicts and settlements
- Our firm offers aggressive legal counsel and will not back down from a difficult legal battle
- Free consultations are available and our attorneys work on a contingent fee bases
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (702)-887-1712
ESTABLISHING PROOF OF MEDICAL MALPRACTICE
A bad medical result or even a hospital death is not necessarily medical malpractice. If the doctor followed the accepted standard of care, and the care resulted in injury or death, there is nothing a medical malpractice lawyer can do. For example, an illness can be misdiagnosed even after a doctor has ordered all of the proper tests and skillfully examined the patient. However, if the doctor failed to order the appropriate tests and fails to recognize observable symptoms of an illness, the doctor may be guilty of malpractice.
The key to a medical malpractice case is establishing proof that the medical professional or facility failed to provide an acceptable level of care based on current standards and the tools at hand. As Las Vegas medical malpractice attorneys with 60 years of combined experience, the team at Bernstein & Poisson understands how to manage these cases in such a manner as to create compelling arguments and substantial proof of malpractice.
EXAMPLES OF MALPRACTICE
While every case is different, the following are examples of potential types of negligence or wrongdoing that could give an injured patient grounds for a viable medical malpractice action:
- Failure to prevent a birth injury
- Over-medication or under-medication
- Wrong medication prescribed or administered
- Performing the wrong surgical procedure
- Performing an unnecessary surgery
- Negligent post-operative care
- Anesthesia errors
- Emergency room misdiagnosis
- Wrongful discharge from medical care
- Failure to diagnose cancer
- Failure to diagnose a heart attack or stroke
- Failure to properly monitor patients
- Misdiagnosis of a medical condition
- Failure to order appropriate medical tests
- Failure to refer to a specialist
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
FILING A MEDICAL MALPRACTICE LAWSUIT
Nevada state law requires all plaintiffs to obtain complete medical records from the medical provider and have them examined by an expert doctor who will then provide our attorneys with an opinion. If the expert determines that you suffered from medical malpractice, our lawyers will get an affidavit that allows us to initiate an action against the at-fault medical provider. It is extremely difficult to win a medical malpractice case by yourself. Rather than risk losing and having no way to seek compensation for your damages, turn to the personal injury attorneys at Bernstein & Poisson.
Medical malpractice cases are known for their complexity and difficulty, but Bernstein & Poisson is up for the challenge. Our team has successfully handled numerous malpractice cases against medical providers like hospitals, doctors, physician assistants, nurses and more. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients through our dedicated efforts, and our Las Vegas medical malpractice lawyers are ready to see how to best help you.