If you or a loved one is dealing with a rollover accident in Las Vegas, Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers is the team to call. With over 40 years of experience, we are dedicated to representing victims of such severe vehicle accidents. We fight for your rights and ensure maximum compensation for your injuries and losses.
A rollover accident refers to a type of vehicle crash where the automobile tips over onto its side or roof. These accidents often results in severe damage to the vehicle and, tragically, frequently leads to life-threatening injuries or fatalities for the occupants. The dynamics of a rollover, involving powerful forces and abrupt movements, can cause catastrophic outcomes even if other vehicles aren’t involved. At Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers, our team understand the gravity of these incidents and the impact they can have on victims and their families. Our dedicated team of car accident lawyers are here to provide guidance, support, and robust legal representation to those affected by rollover accidents here in Las Vegas.
Protecting Your Rights For Over 40 Years.
Jack G. Bernstein, Esq. has been protecting the rights of injured victims and their families since 1983.
Common Causes of Rollover Accidents
Rollover accidents can be the result of various factors, and understanding them is crucial for both prevention and legal analysis:
- Vehicle Design: Certain vehicles, particularly SUVs and taller trucks, have a higher center of gravity, making them more prone to rollovers compared to sedans.
- Sudden and Sharp Turns: Taking sharp turns at excessive speeds can cause a vehicle, especially an already unstable one, to lose balance and roll over.
- Collisions with Obstacles: Hitting curbs, road barriers, or other obstacles can initiate a rollover, especially when the vehicle is moving at a significant speed.
- Poor Road Conditions: Uneven roads, potholes, or slippery surfaces can lead to a loss of control, making rollovers more likely.
- Tire Blowouts or Malfunctions: A sudden tire failure can cause the driver to lose control, leading to potential rollovers, especially on highways.
Injuries Associated with Rollover Accidents
The traumatic nature of rollovers can result in a range of serious injuries:
- Severe Head and Neck Injuries: The abrupt motion can cause whiplash, concussions, or more severe traumatic brain injuries.
- Broken Bones and Fractures: Limbs can get trapped or crushed, leading to fractures.
- Crush Injuries: The weight of the vehicle pressing down can result in significant internal and external injuries.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Damage to the spinal cord can occur, potentially leading to paralysis.
- Internal Organ Damage: The force of the crash can injure vital organs, leading to internal bleeding and requiring immediate medical attention.
Rollover Accident Statistics in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, with its bustling streets and ever-changing traffic dynamics, sees its fair share of rollover accidents. Key areas prone to such incidents include high-speed avenues and intersections with a high volume of vehicles, particularly during peak tourist seasons. Additionally, factors such as increased nighttime driving associated with the city’s vibrant nightlife, combined with the influx of tourists unfamiliar with local roads, contribute to the heightened risk. It’s imperative for both residents and visitors to remain vigilant and exercise caution, especially in areas notorious for such incidents.
Steps to Take After a Rollover Accident
The moments following a rollover accident can be chaotic and distressing, but taking certain steps can protect the victim’s rights and health:
- Immediate Actions for Safety and Preservation of Evidence: Before anything else, ensure the safety of everyone involved. If possible, move away from the road to avoid further accidents. Preserve any evidence from the scene, including photographs of vehicle positions, skid marks, and damages.
- Critical Nature of Medical Attention: Due to the violent nature of rollovers, injuries might not always be immediately visible. Internal injuries or concussions can have delayed symptoms. Thus, always seek medical attention promptly, even if you feel fine initially.
- Reporting to Appropriate Authorities: Always report the accident to the police. A police report can be invaluable when dealing with insurance companies or during a lawsuit.
Legal Aspects of Rollover Accidents
Rollover accidents aren’t just physically and emotionally distressing; they come with a slew of legal intricacies that victims must navigate:
- Product Liability Issues: Sometimes, the accident may not be the fault of any driver but could result from a design flaw in the vehicle itself. In such cases, the manufacturer might be held responsible under product liability laws. This might include design defects, manufacturing errors, or a lack of sufficient warnings about the rollover risk.
- Determining Fault and Negligence: In many rollover accidents, the crux of the legal case revolves around establishing negligence. Was one party driving recklessly? Were there adequate road signs? Was the road itself in a condition that increased the risk of an accident? These are all questions that must be addressed.
- Role of Insurance and Challenges in Claiming Compensation: Insurance companies often have their own agenda, which may not align with the victim’s best interests. They might attempt to downplay the severity of injuries or argue about the fault to reduce the compensation amount.
How Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers Can Assist
Rollover accidents bring about their own set of unique challenges, but victims aren’t alone in their journey to seek justice:
- Experience in Handling Rollover Accident Cases: Our firm has a long-standing history of dealing with such cases. With over 40 years experience, we understand the nuances involved, from technical aspects like vehicle dynamics to legal complexities.
- Collaborating with Experts: Often, these cases require the testimony of experts, be it automotive engineers in cases of product liability or medical experts to detail the extent of injuries. Our team collaborates with these professionals to build a strong case.
- Robust Negotiation Skills with Insurance Companies: Our commitment is to our clients. We negotiate tirelessly with insurance firms to ensure victims get the compensation they rightfully deserve, covering medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Rollover Car Accident Case FAQs
A rollover accident occurs when a vehicle turns over onto its roof or side, usually due to a collision or loss of control. Such incidents are particularly severe given the vehicle’s movement dynamics.
Rollovers often result in more severe injuries due to the violent nature of the turnover, the potential for crush injuries, and the risk of ejection from the vehicle.
Yes, but your compensation might be reduced if it’s determined that not wearing a seatbelt contributed to your injuries. However, the other party may still be held liable for their negligence in causing the accident.
Absolutely. Some vehicles, especially taller ones like SUVs, can have a higher center of gravity, making them more susceptible to rollovers. If a design flaw contributed to the accident, the manufacturer could be held liable.
Always seek medical attention promptly. Some injuries manifest symptoms later. A detailed medical report can provide clarity. Also, consult with Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers to understand potential avenues for compensation.
Given the complexities of rollover accidents, having an experienced lawyer can greatly improve your chances of securing maximum compensation and navigating the legal maze.
Nevada follows a comparative negligence rule. Even if you were partly at fault, you could still receive compensation reduced by your percentage of fault.
Poor road conditions can contribute to accidents. We can investigate the role of municipal authorities and, if negligence is found, pursue a claim against them.
Not sure about the next steps following a rollover accident? Reach out to Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers for a free consultation and let us guide you on the path to recovery and justice.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Choosing the right Las Vegas car accident attorney is a critical decision that could significantly impact your recovery process and your life. At Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers, we’re committed to helping Las Vegas residents recover the compensation they deserve from roll over accidents. Contact us today for a free consultation. Jack’s Got Your Back!
Call us at (702) 633-3333 or contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your case.
Why Choose Jack Bernstein to Represent your Case?
Jack G. Bernstein, Esq. has been protecting the rights of injured victims and their families for over 40 Years. Since 1983, Jack Bernstein has a proven track record of successfully representing clients in injury and accident cases recovering millions of dollars in verdict and settlements.
Jack Bernstein Injury Lawyers have the knowledge, experience, and resources to handle even the most complex personal injury cases in Nevada. Jack Bernstein is personally involved in every single case the firm manages.