LAS VEGAS CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Las Vegas, call (702) 633-3333
60+ YEARS OF LEGAL EXPERIENCE ON YOUR SIDE
An accident, by its general definition, is an unforeseen and unplanned event or circumstance. From a legal standpoint, an accident may be described as an unpredictable incident that causes injury or loss, due to no fault of the victim’s. As such, if you were injured in an accident, you have a legal right to hold negligent parties accountable and pursue compensation for your losses.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, or a family member has been hurt or killed, it is highly recommended that you work with a car accident lawyer in Las Vegas in order to obtain the maximum financial compensation from the liable parties and insurance companies.
Bernstein & Poisson has over 60 years of combined experience winning favorable results for clients who have been injured. Most professionals who deal with the aftermaths of car accidents in Nevada are well aware of our reputation, and we are prepared to fight for you.
Las Vegas Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (702) 633-3333
WHY YOU NEED AN AUTO ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Car accidents are common, and as such, many people choose to handle them on their own. As a result, many injury victims do not receive the amount of compensation they need to cover medical expenses, physical damages, or loss of quality of life.
Why Hire an Auto Accident Lawyer?
- You get a dedicated advocate to negotiate with the insurance company
- You get a knowledgeable advisor, helping you compile evidence to support your case
- You get a fierce litigator fighting for your best interests either in or out of court
Bernstein & Poisson understands that we will never live in a world where car accidents do not happen, and where people are not needlessly injured or killed because of them. As a result, we are committed to fighting for your rights to ensure you recover full damages for your injuries and suffering.
Our Las Vegas auto accident lawyers started representing road accident injury claims in 1983 and are highly experienced. As we exclusively represent the injured, our legal team has honed its skills in this area of the law. We are prepared to put our talents to good use as we pursue maximum economic and non-economic damages in order to help you rebuild your life.
WHAT IS ELIGIBLE FOR COMPENSATION IN A CAR ACCIDENT CLAIM?
There are several types of damages you can seek financial compensation for in a road accident injury claim, including:
- Medical Expenses
- Pain & Suffering
- Lost Wages
- Emotional Distress
- Loss of Consortium
- Property Damage
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO AFTER AN ACCIDENT?
After an accident, there are important steps you can take to protect a potential injury claim. If you have any questions along the way, please do not hesitate to contact our team of experienced car accident lawyers in Las Vegas. We have a comprehensive understanding of motor vehicle accident claims and are prepared to assist you with the process.
- Do not admit fault: This is an important step, as apologizing or saying you were to blame could limit your ability to recover financial compensation in the future. Do not admit fault to anyone, not even to your own insurance company. Only a full investigation into the accident will reveal its cause – and you may be surprised to find that you were not to blame.
- Seek medical attention as soon as you can: Be sure to see a doctor after an accident, even if you feel you have not suffered severe injuries. Some injuries, like whiplash or head trauma, could take some time to cause pain or other symptoms. See your doctor and explain what occurred so he or she knows what type of injury to look for.
- Know Your Coverage: It is imperative for you to review, know, and understand your insurance coverage before speaking with your agent. This information can be found in the Coverage and Exclusion sections of your policy. Consider if any other insurance policies, such as umbrella policies, credit card policies, or homeowner policies cover any damages or injury. Often times, damages will be covered under one or all of these.
- Put Together Evidence: When attempting to file a claim, it is important to have as much evidence as possible. After the accident occurs, take pictures of the damage to your vehicle and any injuries sustained on your person. Keep copies of any medical reports as further proof of any injuries.
- Keep Records: Keep all receipts for expenses related to your accident including medical bills, meals, lodging, repairs and other purchases made in connection with pursuing your claim or recovering from your injuries.
- Talk to a lawyer: After an accident, you need someone in your corner who will support you and fight for your rights. An experienced Las Vegas accident attorney at Bernstein & Poisson can do just that, handling your case so you can focus on healing.
WHAT ARE THE TOP CAUSES OF AUTO ACCIDENTS?
Whether or not you are personally in one, a victim of one, or road-side onlooker, car accidents can have shocking aftermath. This can include serious consequences, injury, debt, permanent damage, and even death in the worst case scenario. Sadly, several of the causes of these types of serious accidents are preventable.
The top causes of car accidents include:
WHAT ARE COMMON INJURIES CAUSED BY CAR ACCIDENTS?
Car accidents are one of the most common causes of injury. Often times, people don’t realize the extent of an injury until a day or so after the accident which can lead to further medical complications and affect the outcome of a road accident injury claim.
The top 5 most common types of car-related injuries are:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): Despite the use of seat belts, victims in auto accidents are often susceptible to serious brain injuries due to the impact and trauma of the crash. For example, when a rollover accident occurs, victims often don’t have control of their heads once the impact is made and it can mean their heads collides with the frame of their vehicle. If it causes a brain bleed, the end result can be disastrous.
- Head Injuries: Head injuries such as concussions or even a broken nose or eye socket can be sustained if an airbag deploys. Head injuries can also occur if an airbag fails to properly deploy and the victim hits his or her head on the steering wheel or dashboard.
- Neck & Back Injuries: These types of injuries are most commonly sustained as a result of a rear-end collision. Typically referred to as whiplash, if the injury is severe enough, it can potentially lead to paralysis or other long-term damages.
- Leg Injuries: We use our legs while driving and depending on the type of crash, it’s easy to suffer serious damage to our legs as they are in a small area. There’s potential for a crash to cause the frame to crush this small area, leaving the legs vulnerable to serious injury.
- Abdominal & Chest Injuries: Seat belts are supposed to protect individuals and save their lives in the event of an accident. As important as they are, they can also cause harm to the passengers of a car, often resulting in serious bruising or even damage to the ribs in some instances.